Monday, May 22, 2006

DaVinci Code Fever


Hey there fellow cinematequees, it's me Tressel, Coach Jim Tressel, and like most of you out there in Tressel's World, I've been suffering from a severe case of Davinci code fever. Now, I'm not officially a literary critic, but I do happen to mold young minds in one of the finest academic institutions in this great country of ours, and as such, I feel that I have a certain penchant for the art of the written word. After all, I write a blog. It is for this reason that I can make the following assertion...Dan Brown is a genius!

I mean it. This guy is a hell of writer, and might I add, it's about time people woke up and realized the treachery of the Catholic Church, and it's shadow organizations like Opus Dei. Kudos to you Dan Brown, for having the courage to expose their treachery.

But I digress.

Enough politics, I loved the book, but as for the movie....I really loved it! This is the must see movie of the year. Tom Hanks delivers yet another stellar performance in a movie chock full of edge of your seat excitement. Seeking to escape the oppresive summer heat? Well, this isn't the movie for you, because the chemistry/sexual tension between Hanks and (Audrey) Tatou sets the screen a' sizzle! This is far and away his finest performance since Forest Gump, which If you remember, I also gave two Bucks up,(because after all, life really is like a box of chocolates).

This has to be director, Ron Howard's finest film since Grinch. When is the academy going to give this man his due? Yeah, I know he already has an Oscar or two, but seriously, they should deify this guy. I mean it, he's the Frank Capra of this generation. Just give him an Oscar everytime he makes a movie. That's what I say.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time, pass the popcorn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home